We recommend that a trained or certified gun tech install this part. If you believe you are capable of performing this installation, please read over the instructions and watch the video below before attempting to install this performance part.
for m170r & emek
1. Remove the grip frame from the marker.
2. Next remove the grip panels from the grip frame.
3. Locate the brass pin in the grip frame that is holding the transfer block and 3way body into the frame.
(Note: It's the only brass pin on the m170r frame. On the eMek, it's the brass pin on the upper back end of the frame. Furthest from the trigger.)
4. Using a small punch or an allen wrench, GENTLY push this pin out from the frame ** DO NOT FORCE ANYTHING**
If the pin does not easily push out, try pushing from the other side. You may be on the wrong side.
(Note: from the left side of the m170r marker and from the right side of the eMek Marker. Orientation of the left or right side is as if you were shooting it.)
5. Remove the black transfer block and the brass 3way body below it. Pay attention to the orientation of the parts you are removing so you remember how they go back in.
(Note: On the m170r, be careful not to lose any of the three black 3way valve gaskets located above, between and below these two parts. There are only two valve gaskets on the eMEK 3way assembly.)
6. Unscrew the brass, hex 3way cap from the 3way body. This should only be finger tight. If you need to use a tool to loosen it, use a small adjustable wrench.
7. Remove the stock, red 3way valve spool.
8. Lube the Liquid Bang Switch with the markers provided grease and install it into the 3 way body.
9. Work the Bang Switch back and forth with your fingers to make sure the grease gets evenly distributed.
10. Screw the hex cap back onto the 3way body. Finger tight only.
11. Reinstall the 3way body back into the grip frame placing the oval shaped gasket facing down. The Bang Switch should be facing the trigger.
(Note: On the m170r this gasket should have a brass air filter inside of it)
12. Now reinstall the black transfer block into the grip frame and connect it to the top on the 3way. Make sure the side pin hole on the transfer block lines up with the pin hole on the frame.
13. Insert the brass pin, that you removed earlier, back through the frame and into the transfer block. You may have to gently push down with your finger on the top of the transfer block while you try to insert the pin.
14. To more easily replace your post travel set screw (bottom screw on your trigger face) you can remove the trigger while the frame is off and swap out the stock post travel set screw with the longer set screw provided. Screw the longer set screw into the trigger and adjust it until it is flush with the face of the trigger. You will make your final adjustments later.
(Note: The stock eMEK trigger is not adjustable. If you have an aftermarket adjustable trigger and want to remove it to swap the set screws, then you may use the sames steps you used to install the trigger to remove it to swap out the post travel set screw as well as the steps below for "Adjusting The Trigger" . However, it may be more time consuming to remove the trigger on the eMEK. You may want to just unscrew the set screw from the trigger and replacing it while it is still in the frame. )
15. Reattach your frame to your marker and your grips to your frame.
-ADJUSTING THE TRIGGER-
Adjusting the trigger is exactly the same as it is for your stock 3way spool. We recommend that you leave a little bit of travel after the firing point and after the reset/recharge point. You DO NOT want the trigger to be set to stop immediately after the firing point or immediately after the reset/recharge point. Doing so may cause you to half stroke the trigger and make the marker double fire or "burp". Don't worry, the Bang Switch will still give you up to 50% shorter travel even with this extra cushion in the travel settings.